Our team of engineers works to operationalise data analytics to solve real world problems. Our technology stack consists of modern Java 8 back-ends, ReactJS UIs and some Python and Scala where it’s needed in the analytics layer. Most of our projects use Big Data technologies e.g. scale-out NoSQL graph databases, stream processing frameworks, distributed message brokers - think Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Elasticsearch etc, so an understanding of Big Data technologies is critical.
We do Agile the right way, not the “we have daily standups” version - you’ll need to be a good communicator and play nicely with others. Our cross-functional teams provision infrastructure, write code, deploy apps and debug production issues. We’re looking for strong coders, but you’ll get bonus points if you can admin a database or know your way around Linux.
What we can offer
- A great culture and work environment
- Challenging problems
- Competitive salaries
- Flexible work hours
- Comfy chairs, foosball and delicious coffee
- Adelaide lifestyle with easy commutes, fabulous food, wine and regional areas
We’re looking for people with
- A degree in software engineering, computer science, mathematics or statistics
- A minimum of five years experience in software engineering
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark and graph databases
- Experience with search technologies such as Elasticsearch, solr, and lucene
- Strong Java programming experience
- The ability to design, implement and test software components
- Experience with stakeholder engagement in geographically distributed teams
- The ability to work in an Agile environment
These roles can be located in Adelaide (Kent Town) or Canberra, with the expectation of up to 10% time spent travelling interstate.
Please note – applicants must be eligible to apply for an Australian security clearance. To do so, the applicant must be an Australian citizen. For more information visit http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/getting-a-clearance.asp
If this sounds like you please send your CV and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org