Are you studying Human Resource Management and want to get some hands-on experience over the summer break? The Data to Decisions CRC are looking for someone who is interested in workforce development and recruitment to join our dynamic team.
The D2D CRC is responding to the workforce development challenges faced by the data science and analytics field. As a new and evolving area, we work with various partners to support workforce development through programs such as PhD Scholarships, internships, seminars, workshops and short courses.
Working closely with the Education and Training Manager, we are seeking a casual Education and Training Assistant to get involved in developing, implementing and improving these programs. This means getting hands on experience in:
- Identifying development needs with stakeholders
- Investigating and creating options for innovative development solutions
- Coordinating seminars, workshops and short courses
- Recruiting interns, graduates and other roles
- Creating a network and community around the workforce development program
We can offer:
- A great work environment and friendly, supportive team
- Practical, hands on experience across a range of HR/workforce development areas
- Opportunity to gain experience in a growth industry
- Flexible work hours
- Comfy chairs and delicious coffee
We’re looking for someone with a passion for developing people, really getting to understand their development needs and identifying innovative solutions that match. You will also need to:
- Enjoy organising events such as workshops, seminars and courses including paying attention to the details
- Communicate well with a range of people, which really means asking lots of questions and listening to the responses
- Work collaboratively in a team, support other people and create a network of contacts
- Learn quickly, identify potential problems and find new solutions or ways to improve what we do
This role is located at D2D CRC’s head office in Kent Town. The role is available for up to 15 hours per week on a casual basis. This role will particularly suit someone currently completing qualifications in HR looking for practical experience to complement their studies.
To apply, submit your CV and a brief cover letter outlining your knowledge and experience in relation to the role to [email protected]
Applications close 5:00pm, 24 November 2017.