Passionate about Data Science? Want to work with other smart people as part of a best-practice Agile team?
We do Data Science at scale, developing models for complex problems with real-world impact. Most of our projects use Big Data technologies e.g. scale-out NoSQL datastores, stream processing frameworks - think Hadoop, Spark, Elasticsearch etc.
We want to find “interesting things” in text and multimedia on an Internet scale, so we are looking for experienced people who can tell classification from clustering and can contribute significantly to technical discussions from understanding data, to feature engineering, to improving performance of an SVM or a neural network.
We do Agile the right way, not the “we have daily standups” version - you’ll need to be a good communicator and play nicely with others. Our cross-functional teams provision infrastructure, develop models, write code, deploy apps and debug production issues. You will be an integral part of that team, and while data science is your focus, you can pitch in with the software engineering side too.
What we can offer
- A great culture and work environment
- Challenging problems
- Competitive salaries
- Flexible work hours
- Comfy chairs, foosball and delicious coffee
We’re looking for people with
- A degree level qualification in computer or software engineering, computer science, mathematics or statistics
- A minimum of five years experience in data science
- Industrial experience with machine learning, data mining and entity resolution
- Hands-on experience with data modelling, cleansing and transformation
- Practical experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark and Elasticsearch
- Strong programming in languages such as R, Python and Java
- Experience working in an Agile Development team
- Experience with stakeholder engagement in geographically distributed teams
This role can be located in Adelaide (Kent Town) or Canberra, with the expectation of up to 10% time spent travelling interstate.
Please note – applicants must be eligible to apply for an Australian security clearance. To do so, the applicant must be an Australian citizen. For more information visit http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/getting-a-clearance.asp
If this sounds like you please send your CV and a brief cover letter to [email protected]
Applications close 5:00pm Friday, 29 September 2017.