We do Data Science at scale, developing models for complex problems with real-world impact. Most of our projects use Big Data technologies e.g. scale-out NoSQL datastores, stream processing frameworks - think Hadoop, Spark, Graph Databases etc.
We are looking for experienced people who can tell classification from clustering and can contribute significantly to technical discussions, from understanding data, to feature engineering, to improving the performance of an SVM or a neural network. Our current roles have a strong emphasis on graph data structures, so any experience with graphs will be a bonus.
We do Agile the right way, not the “we have daily standups” version - you’ll need to be a good communicator and play nicely with others. Our cross-functional teams provision infrastructure, develop models, write code, deploy apps and debug production issues. You will be an integral part of that team, and while data science is your focus it would be great if you could contribute to the development side as well.
What we can offer
- A great culture and work environment
- Challenging problems
- Competitive salaries
- Flexible work hours
- Comfy chairs, foosball and delicious coffee
- Adelaide lifestyle with easy commutes, fabulous food, wine and regional areas
We’re looking for people with
- A degree level qualification in computer or software engineering, computer science, mathematics or statistics
- A minimum of five years experience in data science
- Industrial experience with machine learning, data mining and entity resolution
- Hands-on experience with data modelling, cleansing and transformation
- Practical experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark or graph databases
- Strong programming in languages such as R, Python or Java
- Experience working in an Agile Development team
- Experience with stakeholder engagement in geographically distributed teams
These roles can be located in Adelaide (Kent Town) or Canberra, with the expectation of up to 10% time spent travelling interstate.
Please note – applicants must be eligible to apply for an Australian security clearance. To do so, the applicant must be an Australian citizen. For more information visit http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/getting-a-clearance.asp
If this sounds like you please send your CV and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org