The D2D CRC recognises the valuable contribution that Honours students can make to the D2D CRC research programs by offering $5,000 educational scholarships to students working on aligned thesis topics.
As well as gaining $5,000 to enhance your research through activities such as attending conferences, purchasing a new computer, the Honours Scholarships offer:
- Access to leading-edge research and expertise
- Real world problems to research
- Networking opportunities that can open doors to your future career
- The chance to present your research outcomes to industry and other experts
No experience in data analytics/big data platforms is required, however ideally you meet the requirements below:
- Enrolled in a tertiary qualification in engineering, computer science, mathematics or statistics
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem solving, able to self-start on challenging problems
- A strong interest in data science or ‘big data’ engineering
- Some positions may require eligibility for or currently hold an Australian security clearance (requires Australian citizenship)
Potential research areas include:
- predictive analytics;
- knowledge graph creation;
- natural language processing;
- image and video understanding;
- visualisation and
- open source data analytics.
Can I choose my own topic that hasn’t be outlined on the website?
Yes, if your research topic is related closely enough to our research programs, we will consider it.
What happens if I am successful in gaining a scholarship?
The D2D CRC will send you a scholarship agreement outlining some requirements relating to confidentiality and presenting your research. You will then work on your research with your supervisor, other academics and D2D CRC staff providing support as needed.
How is the scholarship paid?
The scholarship is paid to your University, who will provide it to you in accordance with their internal procedures.
To apply please email your current academic transcript, CV and a brief application letter outlining your proposed Honours topic (including supervisor details and University) to [email protected]
Applications for 2017 will close on the 7th of April.