Big Data Connect Program
The South Australian manufacturing industry is currently undergoing extensive changes to provide a sustainable contribution to the economy. By collaborating with multiple organisations on 4-8 week projects, this program, which is funded by the South Australian State Government, aims to help local manufacturers explore opportunities for Big Data to improve productivity, competitiveness and increase profitability. As a result, manufacturers receive tailored decision support software solutions using open source technologies and available data.
Big Data is one of six key areas the Government of South Australia is concentrating on under its Manufacturing Technologies Program.
Two types of projects are eligible for support under the BDCP:
- Big Data Investigation (BDI) – the D2D CRC will identify opportunities for the successful applicant to use big data to create value by using existing data, as well as external data and the steps required to adopt the technology. A BDI project is expected to take up to four weeks.
- Big Data Development (BDD) – the D2D CRC will deliver a tailored software solution using existing available data and/or open source data. The software developed will be used to solve a business problem, for example reducing equipment maintenance, supply chain optimisation, demand forecasting, or to enhance an existing product. Open source software will be used where possible. A BDD project is expected to take up to eight weeks.
How to apply
Businesses can apply for either project type or initially carry out a Big Data Investigation project and then apply for a Big Data Development project (subject to available funding).
The program is offered on a competitive basis and is aimed at businesses that have little or no experience with big data, as well as those who already undertake some data analysis.
Individual projects are expected to be completed within 4-8 weeks.
To apply, download, complete and submit the D2D CRC application-form (Word 70 KB) and required documents.
Successful companies will need to enter into a research agreement to undertake the project with the D2D CRC. Please contact the D2D CRC for further details on this agreement.
To be eligible for assistance under the BDCP, an applicant must:
- Be a solvent, financially viable business or commercial enterprise
- Hold an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Be based in South Australia
- Have been in operation for longer than a year
- Be able to fund the required co-contribution
- Agree to provide information and data, including financial information as required
- Be prepared to commit to Senior Executive or Board level engagement.
- Agree to provide a cash payment to the D2D CRC in addition to an in-kind contribution towards the project dependant on the project type
- Click for full guidelines
For more information, contact:
Program Lead, Data to Decisions CRC
Phone: (08) 8302 8978
Email: [email protected]
Ms Helen Bethell
Principal Industry Development Officer, Department of State Development
Phone: (08) 8303 2153
Email: [email protected]