We are looking for an experienced Software Test Engineer to lead the testing effort for a large web-based application.
Who we are
The Data to Decisions Cooperative Research Centre (D2D CRC) is a large-scale research and development initiative that brings together world-class capabilities from leading industry and research partners. Collectively, we tackle the Big Data challenges for Australia's Defence and national security agencies.
What we can offer
- A great culture and work environment
- Challenging problems
- Development opportunities
- Competitive salaries
- Flexible work hours
- Comfy chairs and delicious coffee
What you’ll do
- Define and implement a testing strategy for the project
- Develop test plans, test architecture, test procedures and test harnesses to enable comprehensive testing of product features, defects and regression testing
- Work with the development team to analyse new features and bug reports to make sure test coverage is adequate
- Find and document defects and make sure the fixes are fully tested
- Collect, generate and maintain test datasets
- Code and maintain test harnesses
- Assist in investigating software defects on production systems
- Strive for maximum automation of testing and fullest test coverage
- Support software releases to production infrastructure
We're looking for people with
Hands-on experience developing, testing, operating and supporting production web applications in a Linux environment.
University Bachelor’s Degree level qualifications in software or electronic engineering, information technology or computer science. You will also have sound problem solving skills including the ability to self-start on challenging problems and work well within a team. Technical skills we are looking for include:
- Independent critical thinking capability
- Ability to influence key decision makers
- Experience in developing test plans, procedures and automated harnesses
- Web application development and testing experience
- Web UI testing using selenium or similar frameworks
- Scripting languages
- Managing, testing and upgrading production systems
- Knowledge of relational databases and search engines (we use Postgres and Elastic search)
- Understanding of RESTful architectures
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle and Agile methodologies
- Experience in automated deployment frameworks (ansible, puppet or similar)
These roles are located in Adelaide (Kent Town).
Applicants must be Australian citizens and will be required to apply for an Australian Government Security Clearance (for more information please visit http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/getting-a-clearance.asp).
To apply send your application to [email protected]. It should include
- your CV
- a brief cover letter