D2D CRC is seeking outstanding undergraduate students passionate about solving Big Data challenges to undertake Summer Scholarships at the office in Kent Town, Adelaide.
In addition to a $5,000 scholarship, the unique Summer Scholarships offer students the opportunity to gain experience in solving real world Big Data problems through a 10 week work experience placement. During the placement, students will be treated as one of the team and can get involved in a range of activities across the software engineering, data engineering and data science fields like:
- identifying and fixing bugs in software;
- coding software; and
- building machine learning models.
As well as developing hands-on skills and knowledge D2D CRC will also provide:
- Mentoring by senior team members
- Access to leading edge knowledge, research and agile project management practices
- Opportunities to network with industry and government partners that can open doors to your future career
- Free coffee and competitive foosball competitions (check out the Data to Decisions CRC Facebook page)
To be eligible students will need to:
- Have completed at least two years of study in a bachelor degree or be undertaking a masters degree in fields like Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Have experience with some programming tools (Java, Python, C++),
How is the scholarship paid?
The scholarship is paid directly to students for educational purposes.
We had a great field of applicants for the 2017/18 Summer Scholarships and now have three outstanding students gaining experience in programming, visualisation and software testing projects with our teams.
If you are interested in internships/work experience with the D2D CRC, opportunities will be identified here throughout 2018.