D2D CRC is seeking outstanding undergraduate students passionate about solving Big Data challenges to undertake Summer Scholarships.
In addition to $5,000, the unique Summer Scholarships offer students the opportunity to gain experience in solving real world Big Data problems through a 10-week work experience placement. During the placement, students will be treated as one of the team and will be involved in a range of activities across software engineering, data engineering and data science fields such as:
- Identifying and fixing bugs in software;
- Coding software; and
- Building machine learning models.
As well as developing hands-on skills and knowledge D2D CRC will also provide:
- Mentoring by senior team members;
- Access to leading edge knowledge, research and agile project management practices;
- Opportunities to network with industry and government partners that can open doors to your future career; and
- Free coffee and competitive foosball competitions.
To be eligible students will need to have:
- Completed at least two years of study in a bachelor's degree or be undertaking a master's degree in fields such as Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science or Computer Engineering; and
- Experience with some programming tools (Java, Python, C++).
How is the scholarship paid?
The scholarship is paid directly to students for educational purposes.
To apply, please send your CV, most recent university academic transcript and a brief cover letter to [email protected].
Applications close October 1st at 5pm.